Thursday, January 04, 2007

Helen Hill

At 5:30 AM this morning in New Orleans, something outrageously tragic occurred. Our family is really struggling with this one. Inside their home, Helen Hill was shot in the neck, and her husband Dr. Paul Gailiunas was also shot while holding their infant child. While I'm very thankful that the child was not physically harmed, and that reports indicate that Dr. Paul will pull through, Helen did not survive. She was 36 years old, and one of the nicest people whom I've ever met. The last time I saw her she commented on my daughter's video about Mardi Gras, saying that she very much wanted her son to grow up and experience such things. The world is certainly a worse place without Helen Hill, and I pray that Dr. Paul and child will find the strength to pull through such an ubelievable tragedy.
Later note: This article in the T-P documents the incredible impact that Helen and her family had on New Orleans.

No comments: