Sunday, January 15, 2006

Gil's Hurricane

I went to pick up my son Gilgamesh, who is 5, from his school the other day. The teacher gave me all of his drawings, one of which was a picture of a hurricane. Therese and I talk to the kids about what happened to New Orleans, they seem fine, but it obviously impacted them quite a bit. I know that Gilgamesh was deeply concerned when I was still in New Orleans and he saw some horrendous images on the news when he was evacuated in Mississippi. I'm sorry he had to experience all of this.
HurricaneByGilgamesh

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

Where was gill's hurricane located at?
Was it USA?

I might include the question and answer in a
simple cometition I am having between friends.

Thanks
Delete Spyware

Michael Homan said...

Gilgamesh drew this picture in New Orleans, and it represents Hurricane Katrina. Gil evacuated to Purvis Mississippi with his mother Therese and sister Kalypso, and they saw horrible images of the hurricane on the news, and Katrina blew quite hard even in Purvis, so he was very frightened for my safety.