Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Biblical Studies Carnival

A couple of days ago I received an email from Tyler Williams asking for submissions for "the second Biblical Studies Carnival, a monthly carnival showcasing the best of weblog posts in the area of academic biblical studies." I think that's a great idea, and you can read more about this Carnival here. It also got me thinking about my blog. I started it to write about teaching biblical studies. In fact my description, as you see above, is "A personal journal about teaching the Bible and ancient Near Eastern history/theology/religion/archaeology to university students, and whatever else happens to be on my mind." But lately very little has been about teaching Bible, and instead it has been about my life dealing in post-Hurricane Katrina New Orleans (part of which is teaching). But I'm not yet ready to change the description, and I very much am looking forward to the day, whenever it might be, that my postings are almost all related to teaching biblical studies. For now I want to be part of the Reality Show that is New Orleans.

No comments: