Sunday, April 04, 2010

The Crossroads

We went to the Crossroads, the place on Highway 61 where legend has it that Robert Johnson sold his soul to the devil. The plan was that Kalypso would bring her violin and Gilgamesh would bring his drumsticks and they would exchange their souls to the Prince of Darkness for musical mastery. It didn't work out that way, as the devil never showed up. Perhaps it was because we went on Good Friday? We did see a guy who looked like Ralph Macchio though at the Delta Blues Museum. I asked him "Hey Eugene Martone, where's Willie Brown?" He said his name was Bob not Eugene. As I look back on our brief exchange, I think he might have actually been the devil. Another missed opportunity, as now I will have to continue to listen to my kids practice their instruments.

P4029439.JPG
P4029461.JPG

2 comments:

Ann said...

You give your kids such great adventures.

Jim Anderson said...

Still looking for Satan? Dick Cheney must be doing lecture tours, and he'd be my pick. If not the Prince of Darkness himself, perhaps one of his earthly assistants would do, like Anne Coulter or Bill O'Reilly.