Monday, October 13, 2008

Mr. Bluebird's On My Shoulder

Blogs by nature tend to be forums for complaining. But as I take stock of my life at this moment, there are many positive things going on with moi:

First and foremost, we are living in our renovated house. My children are healthy and doing well in their lives. I grow more proud of them every day.

My professional career has shifted from my area of expertise to much more university committee work, but it's all going well and especially since Katrina, I find working towards social justice to be both important and cathartic.

It's football season, and I have always loved the Fall. In Nebraska it meant very cold weather. Here in New Orleans it means the break in the very long hot and humid season. But right now I'm listening to Monday Night Football in the background, and I had the privilege of watching the Saints win last Sunday with my son Gilgamesh. Friday night we all went to see Lusher High School's first home football game. It makes me fondly remember my father, and all of the football games we shared.

Last but not least in my ode to joy, Obama/Biden are substantially leading in polls.

I promise readers here, if Obama wins, and the Saints win the Superbowl, I will never complain online again. I know this bifecta will never take place.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In the same year? Obama and the Saints, that is. He's going to win and they won't this year but ya never know.

Btw, you're still a malaka.