Friday, December 14, 2007

A Chicken in Every Pot

This morning at 8AM, I scootered over to the courthouse at Tulane and Broad. I went through a metal detector and then went to the office of Arthur Morrell, the Clerk of Criminal District Court, and filled out a form to qualify for the upcoming election February 9th. I'm running for one of the seats on the Democratic Party Executive Committee in Orleans Parish, Council District A. It was relatively painless and only cost $112.50. But think about how my CV will now be so much more impressive. Even if I lose I will now be known as Michael Homan, Defeated Candidate for the Orleans Parish Democratic Party Executive Committee for District A, or DCOPDPECDA for short.

They gave me this receipt and I was on my way:
Candidacy

Later Note: I'm pleased to report that my fellow bloggers Kim Marshall (Dangerblond), Karen Gadbois (Squandered Heritage) , and Mark Mosely (Your Right Hand Thief) are also running (Mark in District B). Check out the list of all the candidates. Vote for us or we'll blog about you and that thing you did in high school that you thought nobody knew about.

6 comments:

oyster said...

Congratulations. I hope to be your colleague on that committee.

Sue said...

What?? You had a free minute each day and decided to fill it???

Ann said...

Thanks for the laugh out loud. And good luck with the run!

Leigh C. said...

Mazel tov!

Karen said...

I was right behind you.

mominem said...

"and a car in every garage"