Friday, May 07, 2004

A Mensch
A student turned in a paper today, well after the final grades were due. She just called and asked if I got the paper. I said I did but would not be able to change the grade. She said, "Oh, I know that Dr. Homan. It's just that I didn't want you to think that I was the kind of student that didn't keep promises, as I promised you earlier I would turn in a paper." Things like this make me proud to be a teacher. She is a graduating senior. I'm sure she has a million things going on regarding graduation tomorrow, so I'm impressed she took the considerable time necessary to write the paper. Now I've got to run home and dress up like someone in Henry VIII's court. By the way, Mark Gstohl when dressed up with all the academic attire looks quite a bit like Henry VIII.

No comments: