Sunday, May 25, 2008

Beers and Boogaloos

For 13 hours yesterday I manned the Abita Beer stand at the 3rd annual Mid-City Bayou Boogaloo, and sold about 3,000 beers. Howie joined me for a few hours, but we had to replace him because he wasn't able to sell as many Abita Ambers as he was chugging. It was a decision based purely on profits.
P5242735.JPG
Howie and Michael selling & drinking Abita Ambers

It was the biggest and best Boogaloo thus far. There were several thousands of people there, great New Orleans music, canoeing in the Bayou, Mardi Gras Indians, incredible food, and oh yeah, the cold Abita drafts.
P5252766.JPG

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It took three young ladies to replace me. Obviously I've missed my calling.

Tim said...

Fun seeing and talking to you Friday. Keep on truckin'!

Peace,

Tim

Anonymous said...

Michael,

I'm glad you kept the residents of Mid-City deep in the suds Saturday. Unfortunately, your obligations on the Bayou caused you to miss Gil's baseball game Saturday night, where he played my son's team. I had the pleasure of pitching to our guys, which meant that Gil was my catcher and I just wanted to tell you that he did a great job, although I suspect he got his athleticism from Therese!!!

All the best,

JS

Anonymous said...

There you go again, malaka: blaming Howie for your overconsumption. I gotta stick for him, he's my very own Baptist preacher...