Monday, February 01, 2010

Strange and Wonderful Days in New Orleans

People in New Orleans are euphoric these days because of the Saints and their success. It's what my friend Leigh described as "strange and wonderful days." People who never watched a football game in their life were glued to the set for the last two playoff games. Everything is decorated black and gold, and sounds of "Who Dat" fill our streets, hallways, and even classrooms. It's such a nice distraction from inept government, poor levies, racism, horrible crime and education problems. I find myself watching this video of the Vikings game over and over and over again. So many miracles at the end of that game. My favorite part changes from day to day, but right now it's when the mascot Gumbo gets floored by Reggie Bush.

3 comments:

Leigh C. said...

"Strange and beautiful days", dude, but I'll give you a pass. You're still recovering from this past weekend. ;-)

Michael Homan said...

At least I got the strange part correct.

David said...

I love how the Minnesota play-by-play guy goes from praising Favre in one breathe to throwing him under the bus after the interception.