Thursday, February 25, 2010

Physician Heal Thyself

Back in December I decided, after 20 some years avoiding physicians, to pay a visit to Dr. Azikiwe Lombard. My physical went well despite the fact that I'm overweight. I liked Dr. Lombard. His name sounds like Lombardi, which is a big deal in New Orleans these days, and he is a Xavier graduate. He ordered some blood work the next day, and he got the results a couple of weeks ago. I was supposed to meet with him this afternoon to talk about some bad high cholesterol and some liver enzyme issue, but he cancelled the meeting because he is sick, allegedly. So now the waiting continues. The next available appointment is 2 weeks away.

1 comment:

Jim Anderson said...

Did he talk about your very large breasts, and whether they will begin to lactate one day? Because I am sharing a tent with you this summer, I think I deserve to know. Further, I hate goat's milk, and UHT cow's milk tastes like crap in coffee: you could be very useful in the morning.