Wednesday, December 09, 2009

The Doctor Will See You Now

It's been about 20 years since I visited a physician for a check up. I'm not much of a fan of the modern American medical industry. My distaste comes from working at various hospitals and nursing homes when I was younger. I encountered quite a few medical shysters, and the way the system was set up with the insurance industry made me upset. I also don't like the enormous wait times and having to wear backless gowns. Plus, now I'm at the age where there will likely be something, either a finger or a probe, inserted into my backside. A couple of years ago I made an appointment to see Dr. Paul Gailiunas. I read quite a lot about him, and I was a huge fan. He seemed to clearly be in the medical field to help people. Dr Paul moved away in 2007 after his wife Helen Hill was murdered. So now that I'm in my mid-40's, I think it might be time to get checked out. I just made an appointment to see Dr Azikiwe Lombard with the Tulane Multispecialty Center on December 29th. I've never met Dr. Azikiwe, and I'm hoping the visit and the diagnosis go well.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I also see Dr. Lombard, and really like him. Very young, lots of common sense.