Thursday, January 14, 2010

Classy Tom Benson Doubloon

I drove to the Saints' headquarters in Metairie today to get my official Tom Benson 25th Anniversary Commemorative Medallion. As the coin says on the cover, it is minted of solid bronze. Heads is a head of none other than Tom Benson. It's a photograph glued to the front. The text states "Tom Benson (fleur de lis) 2009 (fleur de lis) 25th Anniversary (fleur de lis) 1984 (fleur de lis). It is very classy, but that goes without saying:
Tom Benson Coin Heads
Tails has a picture of the Superdome and the newly acquired Benson towers with a giant fleur de lis alien spacecraft floating in the sky.
Tom Benson Coin Tails
Did I mention that this doubloon is solid bronze (except for glued photo), and it is classy? I'm sure it is collectable, and me willing to share and all, I'd be willing to part with this classy doubloon for $5,000.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i was wondering if you sold that medallion yet? if so for how much

Anonymous said...

Will, I have one of the coins,Do you know how many where made. I don't want to part with mine.
Nathan
Shawnnateroux@cox.net

Anonymous said...

my son found one of those coins 5,000 is what it is worth or more?

Anonymous said...

lol, are you kidding me. me and a few people iknow got these mardi gras day and they're selling on ebay for about a dollar and a half

Unknown said...

I have one I'll let it go for 250. Feel free to contact me through Facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/bdiddy0420

Unknown said...

The one you have is a fake the tower is on the left and Fleur delis is on right...my mother works for the saints the real ones were not for sale but we're gifts to team exutives...I happen to have a few "real" ones I will sell 5 of them 2500.00 each or 7000.00 for all 5