Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Depressed that I'm Depressed about Saints Football

I've been in a funk all day because of the Saints game last night, where they gave the game away to Minnesota. But even more than that, I'm smart enough to know I shouldn't be depressed about stupid things like sports, so the fact that I'm depressed about sports makes me more depressed. New Orleans has lost three games, all by a total of 10 points. Our very accurate field goal kicker missed two key kicks that would have brought victories against Denver and the Vikings. I'll bet he's happier than I am right now. Maybe Obama will screw up bad tonight and then I'll be depressed about that. I'm not smart enough to know I shouldn't be depressed about that. I still think this election is important and meaningful. Some of my colleagues believe that it doesn't matter who wins. Perhaps naively I still think it matters.

2 comments:

MMK and YMR said...

It could matter, very much! And ND is looking good this season, so there's that. Cause I know that will make you feel better.

Sue said...

Laughed out loud at that one!! And -- ha ha!