Monday, October 13, 2008

AC/DC and Walmart and the Devil

I have admired for many years the music of AC/DC. "Whole Lotta Rosie", "Jailbreak," and the entire Back in Black album are classics. But I just read that the band is releasing their new album, Black Ice, only at Walmart. Thankfully I didn't buy tickets to their concert in New Orleans, because I have boycotted Walmart for many many years. Ironically, I boycott Walmart because, I tell my students, they are the devil. AC/DC reportedly worships the devil. There you go.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do they really worship the devil or is this more or less a marketing tool? Nothing sells tickets like going to see a few satanic dudes on stage doing incantations. Do you think Wal Mart is in league with the evil one?

7:43 PM  
Blogger Michael Homan said...

AC/DC does the devil thing for marketing of course, as do many bands. Other bands do the Jesus thing to make a profit. Walmart does business to make a profit at any cost. I don't really think Walmart is Satan in the sense that they are Lucifer, but in my opinion they represent better than any other entity what is wrong with modernism.

7:51 PM  
Anonymous Nick Carter said...

AC/DC is not as satanic as KISS. I've long been torn between my devotion to God and my love of classic rock. To date, classic rock seems to be winning.

11:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

where did anyone ever say Ac/Dc was devil worshipers. They have a couple of kick ass songs that mention hell and people freak. They are not devil worshipers, just the greatest rock and roll band ever!!!!!!!!!

8:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home