Sunday, September 07, 2008

Booing Hurricane Ike

Today I watched the New Orleans Saints defeat their division rival Tampa Bay in a very hard fought and close game. That was great, and it is a much needed bright spot in an area that has been put through the ringer. The lowlight was hearing the local nice guys and Disney Channel stars the Imagination Movers sing the national anthem. Might as well have been Barney for all I care. But the highlight of the game for me was when they had a local weatherman, Bob Breck, on the big screen talk about the possible danger we face from Hurricane Ike. They showed the storm model of Ike entering the Gulf, and the entire stadium of 70,000 plus booed very loudly. At that very moment, the storm models showed Ike taking a turn to the west of our area. Take that sorry game somewhere else Ike.

3 comments:

Ann said...

I was able to divert Gustav to the west and bring him down to Category 2 strength through the sheer force of my will. You should try it with Ike, because I'm really tired now.

Michael Homan said...

Good job Ann. I'm tired too though.

Anonymous said...

I thought they were booing you. Must have gotten confused...