Sunday, July 13, 2008

San Fermin in Nueva Orleans

Yesterday was the 2nd annual San Fermin in Nueva Orleans, or the Running of the Bulls. We dressed in white with red scarves and belts, and than ran through the French Quarter with Big Easy Roller Girls, dressed with horns on their helmets, chased us and hit us with bats. The spectacle was truly awesome and reaffirmed my belief that New Orleans is the coolest city in the world.

I've got a 5 minute video and a few pics:

Note: you can see this video in higher quality by going directly to YouTube.

P7123112.JPG
P7123120.JPG
My Photo Set
Howie's Photo Set
DSB's Pic
Loki's Set

7 comments:

Your driver said...

Michael, I've never met you, but on balance you might be the coolest person on earth. I mean, when you add it all up. There are people who might appear to be ahead of you in coolness, but in the long run they will fall behind and you will endure in the coolness sweepstakes. I'm sure this is the only fan mail I will ever send to a middle aged male stranger and bible scholar, but honestly, your blog cracks me up.

Michael Homan said...

Jon is obviously the most astute person alive today.

LatinTeacher said...

I wanted to go so bad - I just couldn't get up after getting back home at 3:30 in the morning. I have to stop doing that when I come down here. On another note, I agree with Jon.

Anonymous said...

Key words in Jon's comments:

I've never met you

Adrastos,
I'm disappointed that you didn't already say that!

Anonymous said...

Sorry, Howie. I know I've let you down.

To know Homan is to loathe him. Besides being a malaka, he's also a super dork who thinks Indiana Jones is a real person. That's cool? Sheesh. If you knew him Jon, you'd know the ugly truth.

Your driver said...

As a friend of a friend of a friend his credentials are impeccable.

Anonymous said...

His credentials as a malaka are indeed impeccable.