Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Kids and Creeps in Red SUVs

Yesterday around 4 PM my 12-year-old-daughter Kalypso was walking from our damaged home on S. Alexander to our temporary home on S. Hennessey. There was a red SUV parked three doors down from us on S. Hennessey. A bald Caucassian man with a strong accent commented on how attractive Kalypso was, and he asked her age. Knowing that she was 12, he then asked her if she wanted to go with him to get something to eat, and offered her a beer and a good time. Kalypso refused and came home to tell me about it. I angrily went outside to confront this perverted man and to try to get the license plate number. However, he was gone. Anyway, Kalypso and I had some talks about why it is important to not talk to strangers, and what to do in these kinds of situations. We also told all of our neighbors to be on the lookout, as the fact that he was parked there might mean he is working on one of the houses and will be back. But Therese, Kalypso, and myself are pretty shaken up by this. There are certainly some creepy people in the world, and now in our neighborhood.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is creepy. I'm glad that your daughter is ok.

Such people as that need a good beating. And worse, quite frankly.

Anonymous said...

Ouch. Glad that Kalypso is such a sensible young lady and kept on moving.

Anonymous said...

Mike -
Did Kalypso notice anything more about the vehicle: bumper stickers, etc?
Please post this to the MCNO group, or send to me and I'll forward it. This kind of incident needs to be broadcast as far as we can get it.

Anonymous said...

Sick jerk. I'm glad K is ok. Do you want me to purchase her a can of bear mace? Tell her not to stick around just to get it, but to try and make out a license plate number (should this happen again, which I hope to goodness it won't).

Lisa said...

Thats terrifying, glad Kalypso made it home safe. Its a sick world we live in.

Anonymous said...

You should call the police, if you haven't already. They won't do anything, but at least there will be a record of this guy in the system if someone else reports him.

That's assuming an awful lot about our police, i know.

A. Lin said...

I am so glad your daughter is ok. What a scary situation. It is not pleasant to realize that the idiot is still out there though. I hope you do report it to the police.

Meghan said...

Yikes! I'm glad Kalypso is OK for now. Hopefully that was just a one-time thing and the creepy guy never comes back.