Friday, February 16, 2007

My Father Back at His Home

Yesterday we moved my father from his hospital room in Columbus NE back to his apartment. Last night he slept pretty good. He's just so tired, as it takes all of his energy to work his lungs to get enough air. Hospice here in Columbus has been so helpful throughout all of this. My dad now lies in a hospital-like bed in his living room. I decorated the walls with pictures from his life. Looking at these pictures, especially the ones where my dad is hugging my children, makes me sad. I was originally set to fly back to New Orleans tomorrow, but I've changed my ticket and it looks like I'll be in Nebraska now until February 26th. Thanks to all of the people praying for us and wishing us well. While my father had been suffering a few days ago, I would say that now he is as comfortable as can be expected.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're staying longer, Mike. It's hard to be away from home that long BUT it will give you a chance to say a long goodbye to your father.

We missed you at the party on Thursday night. Take care of yourself.

Anonymous said...

Michael, Yorke and I are thinking of you and your dad. We hope that he had a comfortable night.