Thursday, April 22, 2004

Blog Workshop
Today I attended a CAT workshop about blogging headed by Bart Everson. A few faculty shared what they are doing with blogs with other faculty. It was interesting. The main thing I got out of it was the potential to create a tailor made blog site for my students. I've been thinking about breaking the class up into groups so that students respond to other blogs from the class. I think we could come up with fun blogs, such as Bible jokes that students can post to. I also wonder what we could do with What would Jesus do? type things. THere could also be more useful blogs where they give definitions to terms in the reading. Bart seemed to think if he were a teacher he would work on having the students make blogs that people would want to read. Anyway, I need to think about this and sometime this summer set up a tailor made blog site for my 1120 class.

No comments: