Tuesday, April 20, 2004

Blog about Blogging Workshop
This Thursday the Center for the Advancement of Teaching is putting on a workshop called "Blogs and the Blogging Bloggers Who Blog Them." Great title, Bart came up with that one. Anyway, it is going to be about how we can use blogs in the classroom. I've used them this semester. In retrospect they didn't work as well as quizzes to get the students to do the reading. Some students sort of quit blogging as time went on. I should have checked them more regularly. What I did originally was have them print out the blogs and bring them to class each day. That would work better, but I was concerned about wasting paper. I think I might try that next semester, trees be damned. Anyway, I'm anxious to see how others have used blogs in the classroom.

No comments: