Tuesday, June 01, 2010

19 Years of Marriage

Today is the first day of Hurricane Season. It is also my wedding anniversary. Therese and I got married on June 1, 1991 in Omaha Nebraska. It's been 6 years of marital bliss and 13 additional years. To mark the event, I spent the day today converting some old VHS into a short digital movie. So feel free to time travel and witness our wedding and reception. Be warned, there is a tornado warning and an Elvis impersonator not wearing underwear. Therese and I met the Elvis impersonator at an Elvis karaoke contest. Elvis won, I got second place, and Therese's version of Hound Dog came in third. I should add that there were only 3 people in the contest. I should also point out that nobody was entirely certain Therese was singing Hound Dog.



6 Comments:

Anonymous Jim Homan said...

Your hair hasn't changed a bit!!!

3:18 PM  
Anonymous Mark Gstohl said...

The years have been very kind to Therese. You...not so much. One would think living with you that long would take its toll on her.

4:38 PM  
Anonymous judyb said...

so sweet! Happy anniversary to you both!

5:37 PM  
Anonymous Meghan said...

Funny...there's a tornado warning here today, too!

6:08 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

The Elvis impersonator isn't a surprise, but I never would have pegged you two for a traditional wedding. I expected at least a leopard-print cummerbund or wife-beater tux jacket (to highlight the tattoo), or twirling bowtie.

7:46 PM  
Blogger John FFitzpatrick said...

Enjoyed reliving the day. Happy anniversary John & MM

11:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home