Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Do Vitter and Melancon Let Black People Use Their Bathrooms?

Louisiana politicians, for good reason, have been rushing to call for the ousting of Louisiana justice of the peace Keith Bardwell in Tangipahoa Parish. Bardwell made national headlines by refusing to marry a white woman to a black man earlier this month because he believes that most interracial marriages end in divorce. The best part is when he stated "I'm not a racist. I just don't believe in mixing the races that way, I have piles and piles of black friends. They come to my home, I marry them, they use my bathroom. I treat them just like everyone else." The justice of the peace in question, is a Republican, so of course state democrats have loudly called for his termination. But here Republican leaders as well have voiced their opposition, including Governor Bobby Jindal.

Why then has David Vitter said nothing? Could it be that he would purposely remain silent in hopes of a large racist turnout come election day in 2010? But then again come to think of it, his Democratic challenger Charlie Melancon has said nothing also.

2 comments:

David said...

Here you go, Vitter video

I wish he'd asked Vitter if he opposed interracial prostitution.

steve the plumber said...

Do Vitter and Melancon Let Black People Use Their Bathrooms?

thanks for sharing