Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Pagan Rituals

Tomorrow is the Summer Solstice, and I have big plans. I'm organizing it so that a girl name Amy, who I've heard has a great singing voice, will belt out "Summertime" from Porgy and Bess at the top of our square next to the infamous monolith. But Amy is a bit crazy, and it is not easy to get Prima Donnas to do things. But I have faith in my ability to manipulate. The show begins at 7AM. When I was younger, I used to set it up so that two people on the dig would have a hard-boiled egg eating contest. But I tired of seeing egg vommit.

5 comments:

toppla said...

i was just looking at your pictures from the season on flickr... really wish i could be there :(
but i'm holding down new orleans for you, i suppose...

Leigh C. said...

Well, yeccch on the egg puke.

Singing's a waaay better alternative. I'd lend my voice if I could, but I can't record anything and send it as a sound file through my computer. We don't even have speakers - I have to plug in headphones if I want to hear music or get the sound on a YouTube video or something...

MMK and YMR said...

So, did it work, did you get a rousing rendition of Summertime next to the masseba? And will we be seeing it on YouTube soon?

Michael Homan said...

I hope to get it on YouTube this Saturday. Wish you were here too, Ms. Peanut Butter Jelly Time.

mominem said...

I've always be amazed that a couple of Jewish boys could write one of the great blues songs of all time.