Saturday, August 12, 2006

Commencement 2006

Today Xavier celebrated commencement. It was especially nice for me, as Therese graduated with a Masters.
IMGA0055.JPG
We had a surprise graduation/40th birthday party for her, and her parents, brother, and sister-in-law flew into town. Instead of looking shocked or even surprised, instead she just cried. It's been a very tough year. Barack Obama was the speaker, and I'm a big fan of Senator Obama. I learned today that he is currently the only African American senator, and he is only the third in history. Amazing. My favorite student and friend Roy DuBose also graduated. He's off to graduate school in Theology at Notre Dame, and I wish him well.
IMGA0062.JPG

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tell Theres Happy Birthday and a Big Congrats!!!from me- Stacey Noss