Tuesday, January 13, 2004

High School Students
I was shocked to learn today that in one of my introduction sections I have several high school students. I'm not quite sure about the details yet, but apparently they are bright and gifted students from New Orleans area high schools that are allowed to take one university course per semester. Usually we in the Theology department recommend that students be Sophomores in order that they have the maturity and background with reading and writing, as all of our courses are reading and writing intensive. Even so, I am intrigued by these gifted students and am curious to see how they'll be able to handle the course. I was trying to remember what life was like for me at the age of 17. Maturity is not a word that comes to mind. I was sort of lacking direction and not too terribly focussed.

No comments: