Sunday, October 12, 2003

I've spent Sunday creating Blackboard quizzes for upcoming dates. I create a pool of five multiple-choice questions worth one point each. Then in the quiz section each quiz randomly selects three questions from the pool. Students have five minutes to take the quiz and they can only take it once. Thus far, halfway through the semester, the students have taken 16 quizzes already. What is good about this is we don't use class time for quizzes, and with the quizzes before each class over the readings I've noticed the students have been reading. In fact, they've been reading more than ever in my experience in teaching. The bad side is it takes a great amount of time to keep this updated. I should be spending time with my family today or finishing the atlas I am writing instead.

No comments: